Audio Supervisor - KA
Las Vegas, NV, USA Resident Shows - Métiers techniques du spectacle | Technical Show Specialties Temps plein | Full-Time
***Le poste étant situé aux États-Unis, la description de poste est disponible uniquement en anglais.***
***As this position in based in the United States, the job description is available in English only.***
We are looking for an Audio Supervisor who will be reporting to our Resident Shows Division Production Audio Manager and whose role will be to assist the Manager in managing and supervising the activities of the sound crew in all audio operations, and to help oversee the installation, operation, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of all Audio department systems. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and will work well under pressure.
The Audio Supervisor will:
- Oversee weekly departmental task lists and crew scheduling, including day maintenance, rehearsal and training and show calls with the guidance of the Production Department Manager and Technical Director, including completing staff performance reviews and disciplinary actions and assisting with the hiring of new employees;
- Manage and edit all payroll needs with Cirque du Soleil partners, and work with Show Technical Director on HR issues;
- Assist establishing yearly budgets with the Production Audio Manager;
- Operate the front of house mix console and troubleshoot audio, RF, video and communication equipment as directed for performances, artist training, and maintenance;
- Ensure all departmental designs, equipment, systems, functions, procedures, show tracks, maintenance and inspection logs, special projects, etc. are properly and adequately documented;
- With the Production Department Manager, coordinate and supervise special projects including the research, purchase, installation, testing, troubleshooting, integration and ongoing maintenance and inspection of all equipment and systems required for rehearsal, training and show applications, as well as inter- or intra-departmental needs;
- Adhere to and promote all Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations as they pertain to the safe operation of all elements related to the show; participate in all required health and safety classes and emergency rescue procedure training;
- Develop a thorough knowledge of all audio department equipment specific to the production in order to operate equipment safely;
- Maintain a flexible schedule for work calls, special events, rehearsals/training, maintenance and evening show performances;
- Establish emergency procedures for show systems and situations with the Production Department Manager, Technical Director, Stage Management and the rest of the technical team and ensure that all artists, technicians and staff are familiar with and trained on all pertinent procedures and equipment;
- Participate in and oversee special projects, including the installation of new audio show elements;
- Cooperate with Production Technical Director to ensure all Health and Safety training records are up to date and recorded properly, also assist in crew schedule to allow for training as required by the Production Technical Director;
- Complete other job-rduties as assigned by the Audio Manager.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED required. Vocational diploma in a related field;
- At least 5 years of previous experience in Audio working in a live entertainment environment;
- Working knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams. Knowledge of AutoCAD preferred.
- Knowledge of wireless microphone systems and automated systems;
- Ability to troubleshoot during performances;
- Proficiency in operating and repairing audio gear, including LCS, audio console mixing, RF, video, and communications systems;
- Previous experience in LCS Cue Station programming;
- Electronics training and audio equipment repair skills an asset;
- 30-hour OSHA course completion card required;
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job including, but not limited to: crouching, kneeling, standing, lifting, sometimes for extended amounts of time; lifting at least 50lbs unassisted, etc.; Full list of essential functions will be sent in the offer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions;
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken;
- Verification of the right to work in the United States for Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group, as demonstrated by completion of the Form I-9 upon hire and the submission of acceptable documentation (as noted on the Form I-9) verifying one’s identity and work authorization;
- Although not a pre-employment condition, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated. If requested, reasonable accommodations will be considered.
As you can imagine, working with a circus can be quite different from other organizations, and at Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group, we embrace these differences loudly with enthusiasm. We realize that one size fits none and invite you to come create your own specialized experience with us to see exactly what we’re talking about, first hand.
Our emotion-provoking shows are just the tip of the iceberg: laced throughout our organization, you will find creative minds who are empowered to use their voices and be themselves, their truest selves. Diversity to us means various perspectives, fresh ideas and continuous improvement of the way we do things. We won’t pretend like we have every answer, that’s why we need you! The employees here are the center of what we do, the voices behind the final product and amazing performances on stage.
When you think of your ideal workplace, what comes to mind? For us, it looks (and really is) like this:
- Teamwork – we thrive with collaborative teams, regardless of titles or departments;
- Respect – when we ask someone to join our team, it’s because we trust and respect you;
- Integrity – whether you work behind-the-scenes or in the office, you’re being counted on. We are a team and integrity go a long way here, and like we mentioned previously, trust is important;
- Authenticity – we want you to bring your full self to work, this is a place where you don’t need to fit into a box to belong; diverse perspectives foster even more creativity in the workplace. We embrace the human behind the employee number;
- Being heard – you have access to everyone in the organization, use your voice on development questions or suggestions on how to improve the experience. We value open and transparent communication and we want you to be heard!
Come create with us and let us show you what a “circus family” feels like!
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin or ancestry.