Paris Trainline Partner Solutions (TPS) - Account Management Full-time
Trainline is an innovative, tech business with a mission to bring together the world’s rail, coach and other travel services into one simple experience. We aim to make travel easier and more accessible, encouraging people to make more environmentally sustainable travel choices. We’re hugely proud to be the world’s leading independent rail and coach travel platform and rank among the highest-rated travel and ticketing apps globally. Today, we offer our customers travel to thousands of destinations in and across 45 countries in Europe and beyond. That’s more than £3.7 billion in ticket sales annually, and over 90 million visits to our apps and websites each month. In another major milestone, Trainline listed on the London Stock Exchange in June 2019 and is now part of the FTSE 250.
Our culture is central to our success. We’re driven to sustain our phenomenal growth from recent years, and this means we’re always working closely and collaboratively to turn our ideas into reality. It’s this sense of pace, innovating and improving pretty much everything we do, that makes Trainline so exciting and unique - we truly believe our work has a genuine impact and will change travel for the better.
Purpose of the Role...
Trainline Partner Solutions team is a technology services business with a specific focus on providing retailing and booking technology and services to the rail industry and distribution partners. The team provides retailing products and services rail companies, as well as global rail and coach booking technology to distribution partners such as Travel Management Companies, and corporate customers. We have ambitious growth plans to be achieved through a combination of acquiring new clients and expanding existing client partnerships.
We are looking to hire an Account Manager to take ownership of a portfolio of our strategic distribution accounts. The primary objective of the role is to retain and grow our client relationships in a highly competitive market and brings the opportunity to work with a wide range of businesses to help shape their rail retailing.
You will be the first stop for commercial matters for your portfolio, expected to take ultimate responsibility for ensuring our clients have a great overall service from Trainline and that growth opportunities are maximized; partnering closely with other teams including Service Delivery, Project Management, Legal, and Finance.
We operate in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment, so you will be expected to ruthlessly prioritise and find ways to bring customer value while making what we do more efficient. You will work within an experienced, passionate team who will support you in getting up to speed and work alongside you to deliver excellent service to your portfolio. This role is the ideal opportunity for someone looking to bring their prior commercial or senior customer-facing experience to high value, in-depth partnerships.
The role will report into the Head of Commercial, UK and will require regular interaction with the Trainline team. This role will be based out of France, with regular travel to clients as appropriate.
· Take day to day commercial ownership for a portfolio of strategic Distribution accounts as the key interface between the client and Trainline
· Hold ultimate responsibility for ensuring the service and product as defined is delivered to the customer, working closely with the Service Delivery, Project Management, Product etc.
· Maintain a portfolio plan and pipeline to ensure positive progress against growth, retention and other targets
· Develop a strong knowledge of Trainline products and services, and use it to ensure maximum adoption and identify growth opportunities
· Manage full sales cycle for growth opportunities
· Own effective relationships at all levels up to C-suite within the client business and Trainline
· Manage escalations and non-BAU requests from clients, ensuring a mutually positive outcome
· Drive regular interactions with the client to drive growth, demonstrate Trainline value, and instigate positive change
· Negotiate client expansion opportunities, renewal of contracts and contract changes during the term
· Be the conduit between the client and Trainline, managing all stakeholder engagement both internally and externally.
Required Skills and Experience...
· Extensive contract and/or multi-stakeholder relationship management experience with strong influencing and negotiation skills, with at least 5 years of experience.
· Experience with developing and managing multi-market or global relationships
· Mature demeanour, able to work autonomously and make sound commercial decisions and recommendations
· Experience managing challenging client situations, with the gravitas to build relationships and influence change at the most senior level within the client business
· Highly organised, with the ability to prioritise ruthlessly and remain calm with a busy workload
· Strong attention to detail; always striving to create zero-defect and client-ready output
· Results oriented and able to deliver insight on business risks and opportunities
· Numerate, with analytical skills and the ability to transform data into actionable insights
· Fluent in French and English, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Thrives in in a fast moving, high growth, tech or commercial environment
· Enthusiastic, energetic, highly motivated, and adaptable to change
Highly desired but not essential...
· Prior use of Salesforce
· Experience within the technology or travel industry
· Italian, Spanish, or German language skills
We value open expression at Trainline, we believe it’s the diversity of experience, backgrounds and perspectives of our employees that makes us who we are. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people travel across the world.