COO in Early-Stage Household Carbon Reduction StartUp - (Project RENEW)
Bristol or London / flex Studio - Commercial Part-time
BRISTOL, UNITED KINGDOM (OR SOUTH WEST AREA WITH TRAVEL TO BRISTOL)PART TIME, MOVING TO FULL-TIME IN 2023
Founders Factory was launched in 2015 with a mission to power founders to go further, faster. To date we have built more than 60 startups and invested in a further 150 across offices in London, Johannesburg and New York. FF has a team of over 100 full-time operators and its portfolio has raised more than $600m in capital.
In our studio, we partner up with our corporate backers to create entirely new venture-backable concepts from scratch, always bringing an unfair advantage.
Once investment is released into a concept, we start looking for promising and passionate team members to turn the concept into an MVP and ultimately spin out into a fully-fledged business.
What’s Project RENEW?
RENEW is a home decarbonisation related start-up, funded in partnership with Nesta, and Founders Factory.
RENEW’s mission is to create happy, healthy homes for people and the planet.
There are ~26 million leaky properties in the UK, of which ~3.2 million are owned by private landlords. RENEW will help solve this problem by:
1) Buying leaky properties (EPC D or less).
2) Then renovating and retrofitting the properties, installing smart energy tech and upgrading to have a sought-after modern feel.
3) Letting the properties out to private tenants with bills included (and managing energy on their behalf).
4) Certifying carbon saved as tradable carbon credits.
5) Developing software to make the process easier, faster and more accurate.
As the COO you will be responsible for:
We are looking for:
Nice to haves:
What’s in it for you:
We are committed to building a diverse culture and are eager to receive applications from all backgrounds. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination.